Since your childhood, you might have seen thousands of photos of magnificent Egypt by the time you finally take a decision regarding the trip to the world famous country. No other thing can beat those special moments of getting up-close and personal with these ancient monuments and places that is also known as the cradle of civilization.
Now, it’s time to get the scoop on the seven wonders of Egypt that are so popular in the world:
The Most Impressive Sights Of Great Pyramids and Sphinx
- The great pyramid of Giza is the oldest & largest of the three pyramids in the Giza Necropolis bordering Cairo, Egypt. It is believed to have been built as a tomb for the Fourth Dynasty Egyptian also known as Pharaoh Khufu.
- Now visiting the Great Sphinx of Giza is another wonderful sight for your eyes. It is still standing with pride as the large half human & half lion statue in Egypt. Interestingly, it is one of the largest single stone statues on earth.
The Oldest Working Christian Monastery In The World – St. Catherine’s Monastery
- The St. Catherine Monastery is believed to be the oldest working Christian monastery in the world dating back 527 to 565 A.D.
- It was created on the orders of Emperor Justinian at the exact same spot where Moses saw the burning bush & received the Ten Commandments.
- Cairo is essentially founded as an Islamic city in the 10th century AD. The main highlights of the Islamic Cairo are the Cairo Citadel and the Mohammed Ali Mosque.
- When it comes to Mohammed Ali Mosque, it is one of the largest architecture found in the Muslim world and even rivals several of the largest cathedrals of Europe.
The Breadbasket Of The Roman Empire- Nile River
- The Nile River is the main reason which has given rise to the Egyptian culture & was also the reason for being the Bread & basket of the Roman Empire.
- Along the way, even the ancient Luxor & Karnak temples will greet you.
The City With An Amazing Amount Of History- Alexandria
- Interestingly, this city has been founded by Alexander the great. It is the same place where Julius Caesar came ashore in search of Pompey in the Roman Civil war.
- The great library of Alexandria was created & destroyed here later. You will be shocked to know that Anthony & Cleopatra committed suicide here.
- It is an impressive place to visit. Here you are going to visit two temples created by Ramesses II.
- It is more interesting to know that the entire complex was preserved so well from the rising waters of the Aswan High Dam.
Karnak And Luxor
- Luxor temple is best known for its intact obelisk at the front of the temple and has similar design resembling the Edfu temple.
- When it comes to Karnak, it is by far the largest temple in Egypt. It has an acre of stone pillars just giving everyone the idea that how massive the original temple must have been in reality.
With Egypt Classic Tours at your disposal, you can see numerous colours of Egypt regarding its pyramids, people, society & culture at large. Apart from monuments, you can see and do a lot in Egypt. Just visit us @ https://www.egyptonlinetours.com/ and explore the possibilities with us.
Our blogs will give you lots of ideas regarding your tour in Egypt and how you can use our packages to your advantage. Click on the page @ https://www.egyptonlinetours.com/blog/ and get aware of the experience in the process.