Hi everyone! Happy June to you!!!!
My husband and I made it to Utah a few days ago, and we were EXHAUSTED. It was a 15 hour drive for us. We are happy to be back home, and to see our family and friends! I’ve done a few trips to local thrift shops and found a few books that I thought I’d have to wait to read! Only for a few dollars! Thank goodness for Thrift Stores!
I’ve alread hit a writing block… Just with how much we have been doing, I finally got those creative juices to flow! Let us start here!
My Summer Reading List! This may be updated through out the summer, depending how fast I end up reading. This is the list so far with a little description:
- Good Omens by: Terry Practhet and Neil Gaimen- This is the book I am currently reading. I have laughed many times so far! I want to read this one quickly, so I can watch the series on Amazon Prime.
- Pachinko by: Min Jin Lee-Our Shared Shelf’s May/June Pick.
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles: A Pure Woman by: Thomas Hardy-My dear friend recommended this book to me almost a year ago. I had to give her copy back to her, but I was able to get a copy of my own! We will be reading it together!
- The Sociopath Next Door by: Martha Stout, ph.d.-Michelle Phan recommended this book months ago, and I haven’t had a chance to read it yet!
- The Vagina Monologues: Essays gathered by: Eve Ensler- This was one of the first books I read when I started following OSS. I only got half way, and can’t wait to finish it!
- Gentleman Jack: a biography by: Anne Lister-This revolutionary and true account of Anne Lister has been popping up EVERYWHERE. I am so excited to get my hands on it and read about the first ever known marriage between two women!
- The Handmaiden’s Tale by: Margaret Atwood-Another book I started to read, and lent away too soon, I am currently reading this one on Libby! (More info down below!)
- #GIRLBOSS by: Sophia Amoruso-This is a book I’ve been wanting to read for YEARS. I can now listen to this on Libby too!!
I really have to thank my Libby App for being able to read most of these books. It saves me money and countless trips to the library!
What is so cool about the Libby App? All you need is a library card and find your library in Libby’s system! Then you are ready to go! Now, a lot of the books and audiobooks that you may want to read, might already be “checked-out” But that’s okay! You can place a hold and once it is available, it will automatically download! I love it! And thank you to my bestie for telling me about it!
What books are you reading for summer?? How many have you read? I would love to hear! I apologize for this being a bit short, I will work hard on the next post for you!